OK, it’s December 1st, 2012 and I’m snuggled in a cabin on Lake Mendota in Madison, Wisconsin with my buddy Lance & Dr Ken and living the life of an adventure cat…
What’s that you say???
Remember the song by the
Talking Heads “Once in a Lifetime” and the line “How did I get here?” (It’s my favorite
song along with “Stray Cat Strut” and “Nashville Cats” and “Who let the Cats
Out?” (Soon to be released!) Sorry I digress…
It all started when Dr Ken’s vet clinic staff got 6 four
month old rescue kittens form the Montello, WI rescue “Little Orphan Animals” in August of 2011. Dr Ken had just lost a wonderful
l 17 yr old orange tabby named Rex and wasn’t sure he was quite ready for a new
kitten, let alone a spunky little female. He had ALWAYS had female cats since Petey
his first cat adopted him in 1979 when he was working at a veterinary clinic in
Columbia Mo.
He particularly wasn’t sure I could hold my own with Lance
his 7 yr old male. Dr Ken’s staff knew best and they placed me in a carrier on
his chair so he couldn’t leave without me after work that day in August of 2011.
Dr Ken took me home and let me out of the carrier at his remodeled 1929 cabin with a lake
view.
Lance was hanging out near the picnic table I walked right t up to him
gave him a sniff and the rest as they say is history!
Dr Ken and I have traveled all over the country since then,
camping, sightseeing, hiking (yes I LOVE hiking) tree climbing and I have even tried
my paw at stand up paddle boarding. I know hard to believe eh, a rescue cat
from a farm in Montello WI that now travels everywhere!
Best to tell my story in pictures so…
My FB page is facebook.com/AmazingAdventuresofLittleBug
And my website is www.amazingadventuresofbug.com
More soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment